Dr. Sloan Beard was born and raised in Tallahassee, FL. There she participated in competitive gymnastics until she moved to Indiana to attend Ball State University where she was a member of the gymnastics team, performed pharmaceutical drug research and graduated with a biology degree. Dr. Sloan’s seventeen years of gymnastics ensured many injuries thus many doctors’ appointments of all kinds. It was more common than not for a doctor to tell her to find a less demanding sport, which to her was not an option. Dr. Sloan began seeing a chiropractor, Dr. John Van Tassel, who encouraged her to compete rather than quit. Chiropractic and manual therapy kept Dr. Sloan in the physical condition needed to compete for many more years. Because of her experience, Dr. Sloan went on to obtain her doctorate from Logan College of Chiropractic in August 2013 and her masters of Sports Science and Rehabilitation in December 2013. She has worked in the family practice setting as well as the elite athletic realm including the athletic teams of; University of Missouri, Lindenwood University, Missouri Baptist University and Florida State University.
Dr. Sloan utilizes a very hands-on adjusting technique. She is trained in techniques including: Diversified, Thompson, Logan Basic, Cox Flexion-Distraction and Gonstead. She is also well versed in myofascial release, kinesio taping, exercise prescription and sports rehabilitation.
When Dr. Sloan is not in the office, she enjoys spending her time in the sunshine, trying to keep up on the trails with her husband, Dr. Beau Beard, playing with her black lab, Louie, functional training at the gym and traveling to see her family and friends. Dr. Sloan is available for seminars, team assessment and development or one-on-one appointments.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan University
- Masters of Science in Sports Science and Rehabilitation, Logan University
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology in, Ball State University
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Logan University
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, American Board of Chiropractic Sports
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist
- Titleist Performance Institute, Medical Professional - Level 3
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment - Level I & II (SFMA)
- ART Spine (2012)
- Creator/Founder of The Gymnast Fix
- Birmingham Blaze Semi-pro Football, Team Chiropractor (2015)
- Southeastern Trail Series, Medical Director (2014-2016)
- Xterra Southeast Championship, Recovery Staff (2014-2016)
- Bryce Canyon 100, Medical Support (2014)
- Xterra Southeast Championship, Recovery/Medical Team (2014-2016)
- St. Louis Rock n' Roll Marathon, Medical Team (2012)
- University of Missouri, Senior Intern (2013)
- Lindenwood University, Senior Intern (2013)
- Missouri Baptist University, Senior Intern (2013)