Dr. Beau Beard was raised in small town middle America, where he enjoyed hunting, fishing and playing a variety of sports. This is also where his chiropractic path began. He suffered a femur fracture in middle school requiring surgery, and was told he would never play sports again. With proper rehabilitation and a phenomenal chiropractor he was back to playing multiple sports within a year. This is what sparked Dr. Beard’s passion for manual medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Beard attended Southern Illinois University where he obtained a business degree in 2006. After his undergraduate education Dr. Beard lived and worked in Florida, Colorado and Alaska before attending Logan College of Chiropractic, where he graduated with his Doctorate of Chiropractic as well his Masters in Sports Science and Rehabilitation. Dr. Beard has worked intimately with athletes of all levels and all sports. He has worked with the University of Missouri, Bradley University, Lindenwood University and Samford University, and has served as assistant medical director of several trail and road races. He has extensive training in chiropractic adjusting, myofascial release, kinesio taping, sports rehabilitation, exercise prescription, athlete assessment and sport specific development.
Dr. Beard lives an active lifestyle, which he fills with, trail running, golfing, snow skiing, travel and photography, he shares all of these activities with his wife Dr. Sloan Beard. He lives his life by these tenets; move well, eat clean, rest adequately, love passionately and live boldly. Dr. Beard is available for one-on-one appointments, team assessment and development or speaking engagements.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan University
- Masters of Science in Sports Science and Rehabilitation, Logan University
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Logan University
- Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic,Alabama & California
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, American Board of Chiropractic Sports Physicians
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment - Level I & II (SFMA)
- Functional Movement Screen - Level 1
- International Society of Clinical Rehab Specialist
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization - A, Golf Specific
- Fascial Movement Taping (Rock Tape) - Level I & II
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner Level III - CKTP+ Instructor
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Professional - Level 3
- ART Spine (2011), Upper Extremity (2012)
- Motion Palpation Institute
- Full Spine Certified
- McKenzie Institute Full Spine Certified
- WODMedic Elite Facilitator
- United States Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Medical Rotation (2017)
- Rehabilitation 2 Performance, Board of Directors (Current)
- Samford University, Team Chiropractor (2014-2016)
- Navy Wounded Warrior Safe-Harbor Adaptive Athletics, Track & Field Coach (2014)
- Southeastern Trail Series, Medical Director (2014-2016)
- Xterra Southeast Championship, Recovery Staff (2014-2016)
- Cahaba Distance Project, Board Member
- American Chiropractic Association, Member
- American Chiropractic Association Sports Council, Member
- American Board of Chiropractic Sports Physicians, Member
- Alabama State Chiropractic Association, Member
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Member
- Trail Runner Magazine: September 2014; "The Forgotten Muscle"
- Shelby Living Magazine: August 2014; "Movement: The Best Investment for Your Helath"
- Fit & Well Birmingham: May 2014; "6 Ways to Excel in Your Sport"